Sunday 18 December 2011

Dubai, Land of Gold, Silver and Hogwarts :)

Helloooooooo Everyone :).

Remember me??

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. The internet here is expensive and I have been having an amazing time so when I have been free I have been too tired and etc etc etc.

Dubai has been so amazing. I don't think i have been in a more bewildering and ridiculous city in my whole life!

Okay, so on day 1 I went to the Mall of the Emirates, and spent like all I my money at Zara. I don't think they had anything left in a size Small by the time I was done there. But, it was a mission to find anything in a small in the first place.
Curse my slender frame and lack of ability to gain weight.
My hotel has been so amazing! I have a view of the Palm Island and The Atlantis Hotel, and the staff are really nice too! Every time I walk past the guy that cleans my room, he calls me "Sir". Makes me feel all Official and like a Boss of some Multi-National business.

Day Two, was soooo awesome.
When I was in America on the GYLC (Global Young Leaders Conference) I met some girls that all went to the same school in Dubai and we became really good friends, so I met up with them here!
We went to the JBR (Jumeirah Beach Residence). And we went to this really good French Cafe there called "Paul", and then just went to the beach and chatted, it was so amazing to see them! I didn't believe I was seeing them in the Flesh for real in Dubai! Seems strange to say it now haha, but it happened for real :).

After seeing my friends, my Family (Excluding my sister who had to stay in South Africa and work) and I went on a desert safari, followed by a meal and traditional dancing and a belly dancer (who was quite pretty, but had bad teeth).

Hmmmm, Day 3 :).
We went to "The Dubai Mall", and holy wisdom teeth! That place is Creayyyyyyyyyyzeeeeeeeeeee.
I swear, wooooooooow.
After getting lost like 4 times, getting trapped in a food court, full of fast food (which is literally like my worst nightmare), I came to the conclusion that the Dubai Mall is like Hogwarts, because shops just kept on Disappearing! Its true, really!
I was walking a lot, just minding my own Business and trying to find Zadig and Voltaire or the Galeries Lafayette (I forget which one) and I looked up and saw Ladurée.
Remembering how absolutely amazing my Macaroons from there were, I rushed to the closet escalator (Which was like 100000000m away) I went upstairs and **padjlhbfcv`zjhscvs** it had disappeared O_o.

After shopping there, we walked to the nearest Metro Station, passed the Burj Khalifa (Which I am going to in the Morning), we went to somewhere which I don't know the name to. It was like a place that sold a lot of gold jewellery, like the sort o stuff the Indian people wear when they get married. There were a lot of fabric places there, but I felt like I was in like Little India rather then Dubai.

I have to wrap it up now. I have an early start in the morning.
Breakfast at the Burj al Arab and then going to the Burj Khalifa.
I will report about days 4-when I leave tomorrow if I get the chance, or when I get back to Dirty Dirtbin Durban on Tuesday night :(.

Someone buy me for 1000 000 camels so I don't have to leave??
I don't eat a lot and I can clean and cook. ...
Kinda. ...


Best song to describe how I feel right now 
:)<3

No comments:

Post a Comment