Friday 18 November 2011

When I get older, I want to be rich and naked

No, for all you perverted people who are thinking of me naked right now, I don't mean naked as in not wearing clothes (I personally love wearing clothes). 

By "naked", I metaphorically mean, I want to be bare, out there for everyone to see and feel comfortable enough in my own skin and not feel like I should have to explain myself for everything I do and the decisions I make. 

The past year has been really difficult for me, and whilst I have gotten to be a lot more comfortable in my own skin, people have started to notice me more but I don't feel like it is for the right reasons. People now just notice me for what I wear and whilst I think it is good, they just don't see it the same way. Whether it is actually because what I wear looks completely hideous or they are just not as appreciative to see someone dressed well I have yet to figure out. 

Speaking of the say that people dress. ...

Tonight I was out for dinner with my parents, and at the table across from me was a family of 3. 
The father was dressed in a white shirt, buttoned down to halfway down his chest, with shorts and the son was wearing a vest. 

Really? Is that really the way to dress when you go to a nice restaurant? 
I really wish people would at least take some time and think about what they wear sometimes. 
I wish people made more effort when it comes to fashion and the way you present yourself to people and the way you dress when you go out. 

It would make the world a much more attractive place. 
I don't have much else to say tonight. Sorry to disappoint. 
I'll come up with something more creative 

Tomorrow, when there are bluebirds over the white cliffs of dover and when the World is Free 
(Took that from "White Cliffs of Dover" by Vera Lynn. 
I was so born in the wrong century.)

oooooooooh, and remember to check out Fashion Friday today! 

Today is Yohji Yamamoto, its a good'un, Checkit :) 

And, totally and not totally breaking from subject, Nicki Minaj says check it out too (get it, the name of the song is: "Check it out", hahaha what a humorous fellow I am (You are so totally rolling your eyes right now. ...I am too. ...)


Well, it isn't totally unrelated, the Music Video is like Japanese themed and Yohji Yamamoto is Japenese too. ...Method in 'me madness I'ld say. 

(And Nicki Minaj is my new crush too :P)


1 comment:

  1. You're a cutie, you know that. But oi oi you do have lovely thoughts, that I agree completely with. People need to get with the program! and start dressing with pride. I will never understand why a vest, typically for under a shirt to keep a patron warm, is now simply been worn as a shirt. Idiots.

    Oh how I wish we had a time machine...

    ReplyDelete