Sunday 13 November 2011

Félicitations à Moi :D

Today on the 13th November 2011, I officially turned 18 :).

It doesn't really seem real. 
I don't know, over the years it just seems that Birthdays have lost their excitement from the one ones in the beginning of my life, the same is going for Christmas. Maybe it is just a part of growing up?

Well, I spent the night having dinner with 10 of my closets friends and then we went to a club afterwards. I had such an amazing night, with the best friends a person could ever want :)<3.

I love my friends soooooo much. 
The past year has been extremely difficult for me, between eating problems, stress, being bullied and a whole bunch of other stuff, their support for me has always stood firm, and I will always be indebted to them <3. 

I think in modern times, especially in a Country like South Africa, where Alcohol is pretty easily available and in Durban, most clubs and Bars aren't that strict with checking I.D, so not being 18 doesn't really stop you from going out and partying. 

Being 18 in some ways takes away from the adventure of going to a club because that sense of risk you take when the Bouncer asks to see your I.D and you have to create a whole other identity on the spot is taken away. (I always pretended to be a Colombian, just saying :P). 

It feels like this year has gone by extremely fast. This time last year, I was preparing to go to France on an exchange programme. It seems strange that it is nearly one year since I met my friends from there (I will be doing a special tribute to them on the 3rd of December, so someone please remind me :P). I mean, at this rate, (and if Einsteins theory of relativity plays any part), buy this time tomorrow I will be 52 and will be on Doctor 90210, planning my first facelift! 

Thank you to everyone who has made me live these past 18 years. 

:)<3

No comments:

Post a Comment