Wednesday 9 January 2013

You've got growing up to do kid

I have never really been good at expressing myself.
I struggle to talk to people because my mind works to fast I can't really explain what I am trying to think. One of my friends just looked at me blankly one day and said: "You do know that no-one understands what you are talking about right?". 
Maybe because I was talking about my view on Picasso and she didn't know anything about him or something. 

I think that is why I love fashion so much. 
It gives me a way to show how I am feeling without having to talk, and at least if I look good (or so I think), people will think I am feeling good even if I am not.

So I was really excited when I got given this Lookbook assignment for school, and we got given the guideline of "Do whatever you want", so I felt this was really a chance to show my style and what I like since I can't really explain it in words. 

I took inspiration from like 1980's, grunge, Vivienne Westwood and just some outfits I have tried and experimented with. I love to mix patterns, colours and textures at the moment. Everything is all grey in Paris everyday so I always stand out with my outfits haha.

I wanted to tell a story of how I felt when I moved to Paris and how I still feel a lot of the time.
Someone who is lost, who tries to be grown up but is trying to still be fun and his childhood but has so much other things to worry about and fashion is one way how he still has fun and gets to just do what the fuck he wants.

- Look 1 - 
Beanie: Zara
Shirt: Woolworths
Tie: black ribbon
Blazer: Vintage
Coat: Zara
Leggings: American Apparel
Socks: H&M
Shoes: Dr Marten

- Look 2 -
Beanie: Zara
Shirt: Woolworths
Tie: Black Ribbon
Gloves: Don't Remember, some store in Le Marais
Belt: Vertigo
Skirt: Vintage
Leggings: American Apparel
Socks: H&M
Shoes: Dr Marten

- Look 3 -
Necklace: Somewhere in Le Marais
Coat: Zara
Shirt: Zara
Leggings: American Apparel
Socks: H&M
Shoes: Dr Marten

- Look 4 -
Cap: Kenzo X New Era
Jersey: Topman
Shirt: Polo
Belt: Vertigo
Watch: ICE
Pants: Bruno's Tailoring 
Shoes: Puma

- Look 5 -
Beanie: Zara
Necklace: Somewhere on Rue Tiqutonne
Shirt: Vintage
Jersey: Vintage
Bracelets: Kenya Store 
Ring: Addicted
Leggings: H&M
Shoes: Puma

- Look 6 -
Cap: Kenzo X New Era
Jersey: H&M
Jeans: H&M
Ring: Somewhere on Rue Tiqutonne
Shoes: Puma

Styling all by me and all clothes are my own.
A huge thanks to Aneta Kawecka and Felik Wong from Street Fashion Paris who did the photography for me.

:) 
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment