Tuesday 1 January 2013

My top 5 of 2012, Because it just has to be done.

5
The Great Gatsby Movie Trailers



Lets face it, this will probably be the most amazing and fashionable movie of all time.
Even though it was meant to be out already and it isn't, I don't really care. 
Baz Luhrmann can take as long as he wants and I'll still love him.
New release date is apparently 17 May.

4
The Drums

Originally from NYC, the Drums have been around since 2008. I discovered them this year thanks to my best friend Cynthia because they  were playing in Cape Town. I never got to go to the concert because I already moved to Paris at that time but now they are easily my favourite band.

My Favourite song by them - Days
The music video is even more amazing because the fabulous Amanda Lepore is in it.

3
GIRLS

Since Gossip Girl ended (on a dismal note might I add), Girls has replaced it for me as the Best Series based in New York City. 
Basically it revolves around 4 friends who have finished college and their real life problems. Think of it like Sex and the City before the glamour kinda thing. 


2
Paris Fashion Week/This is New York Party/Mugler Afterparty

Partying with the best people, with the best fashion, at the best Clubs, in the best city in the world. What could be better right? 

My first Paris Fashion Week will defiantly be remembered for ever, from meeting Louis (www.superficialliving.com/ or @LOUIS_via_ROMA) and Eliott (eliottandthebeati.com/ or @EliottMnl) who are the best people ever, sitting front row at Mugler, Partying with Azaelia Banks, Sky Ferreira and The Misshapes then having to be at school from 14 - 19:00 and starting all over again.


(Click Here(Ici) to see my full SS 2013 Paris Fashion Week report)

1
Paris

As amazing as this year was in many other ways, there is no way in fuck that anything other thank moving to Paris this year could beat it. Nothing else in my life will probably beat moving to Paris, 14 August 2012.

As hard as it was and has been to be away from everything I have ever known, leaving my friends and family and starting a whole new life in a foreign country with a foreign language and a transport system that actually works and I still get lost on nearly 6 months later I wouldn't trade being here, doing what I love and studying at one of the top Fashion Schools in the world for anything else, ever.



(Streets of Paris - The Teenagers)

Follow my Adventures in Paris and my life on Instagram, Twitter and Tumblr:
Instagram: BrettYves
Twitter: @BrettYves
Tumblr: Kenzo-Kid

No comments:

Post a Comment