Wednesday 9 May 2012

Update - Why Marc Jacobs wore a dress to the Met Gala

" 'I just didn't wanna wear a tuxedo and be boring.'

And - far from being boring - the spring/summer 2012 Commes des Garcons look also honoured the two heroes of the night, he revealed.

'I think Miuccia Prada is such a celebration of the unconventional and so it felt like, appropriate, somehow. They are two women [Schiaparelli and Prada] who I have always loved the work of; I mean Schiaparelli is one of my all-time heroes and Miuccia Prada continues to be a hero of mine. I am looking forward to seeing the exhibition.' "

(Taken from - "Met's Most Daring?": By Lauren Milligan for Vogue.co.uk)


Whatever his reasoning may be for wearing it, and even though I didn't like the outfit and thought it was boring, I still give him props for doing it. The man has guts.

(To see what I thought of Marc's look, click here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment